Over breakfast this morning, Michael and I sat down and made our Summer Bucket List. Like many New Englanders, we spend our winters counting down the days until summer, but seemingly by the time this precious season arrives, we blink and it’s over. In years past we’ve always kept our list of hopeful summer to-dos on our refrigerator, but I’m hoping that by sharing them on the site, you’ll help us with some accountability and we’ll be able to actually check (most of) them off.
- Host our annual rosé party
- Road trip to Rhode Island for Del’s
- See Van Gogh and Nature at The Clark
- Attend our first Red Sox game at Fenway
- Paddle to Richmond Island
- Plan a day hike in New Hampshire
- Catch a Sea Dogs game
- Take a dip at the Alna swimming hole
- See Alex Katz in 1950s at Colby College Museum of Art
- Day trip to a new island in Casco Bay
- Rent stand up paddleboard
- Head to Vermont for our annual August getaway
What’s on your summer list? We’d love to hear what you’ve all got planned in the comments below!
All photos by Meredith Perdue for Map & Menu.
5 thoughts on “Summer 2015 Bucket List”
Love this list, and I of course particularly love some of these photos! I’ve been a bit depressed by our recent string of 100 degree days in NC — it seems like you can’t do ANYTHING outside when it’s that hot — but I know it won’t be that bad all summer. You’ve inspired me to update my own list from past years. (Going on it: rendezvous with M&M in Maine :)
I love the idea of a rose party! So fun!
Her Heartland Soul
Hosting our first annual rosé party is definitely going on the list!